Saturday 28 November 2015

A bit of bully


(CLICK ON A PIC AND IT WILL GO BIG)


I had a few hours while away to pop into Rutland Water NR. The birds were quiet so I had a chance to experiment with a few more shots for this blog. It started out with the 50mm f1.4 Takumar and some cows.





The view from the hide was crying out for the fisheye. I couldn't resist. This lens does do extraordinary things to the sky

17mm fisheye Takumar

35mm
Reeds. There's a lot of reeds

This Cormorant scarpered when three Mute Swans came along. It made for quite a nice shot

17mm fisheye

Then it was time for this Swan to be enigmatic in the fisheye



It was 100mm macro time. I'm liking this lens. I have a mental block with the longer Takumars. Probably since I don't want to start yearning for the 200mm and then the 500mm then the 1000mm  which would be silly since the older telephoto lenses aren't that good and you're better of with modern ones. I have the Canon 100-400L zoom for birding and will do very nicely for anything far off. However I will have to start using the 135mm f2.5 Takumar in the future. In the mean time here's some 100mm fun.



When the sun came out I walked into this hide. The light shining through the holes and gaps really hit me. I couldn't resist.

50mm f1.4

While getting a bit lost in the woods I stumbled across this little patch of Bulrushes. It was nice and quiet so I spent some time playing with f stops etc.

50mm

50mm

100mm

100mm

100mm

100mm

100mm

100mm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...